Part 1

Hi everyone! I am Kürşat Zaman. Today we are going to analyze some of the cartoons made by Liza Donnelly on the gender issue that we are all facing in this century, but first I would like to introduce myself and the famous cartoonist Liza Donnelly.

My name is Kürşat Zaman. I have born in Antalya in 1974. I have graduated from the Marmara University Faculty of Fine Arts Interior Architecture Department. I go to work in weekdays and I spent my weekend on my hobbyies.This is all from me, now let me introduce you Liza Donnelly.
Liza Donnelly has born in 1955 in Washington D.C., America. She is a famous cartoonist who is working for The New Yorker. She has also written nearly seven books and worked for many companies which are playin an important role in the media like CNN, The Daily Beast, The Huffington Post and many more. So let's start looking at some of the cartoons that are revealing the gender issue from Liza Donnelly.
Cartoon 1
This is our first cartoon to analyze. In this cartoon Lisa we see a baby and a woman who is most probably the mother of the baby. There some words around them which generally describes the things that a normal girl or a woman has, likes, and use in daily life. Here it is seen that the color pink is associated with the girls so it is seen as a girl color. It is pictured by the society that girls can only wear clothes in the color "pink", if they do otherwise they will be isolated by the society. The words written as "dad!" and "husband!" are the words that they are going to be using when they grow up. So, it is tried to convey here that what the children know when they grow up no matter a boy or a girl is given from the early ages. Furthermore, the children are also taught what to use or what they can use so this ends up with the reality that they will not be able use any other thing when they grow up because they can only have what they are told, if they use something other than taught they may be rejected by the society. To given an example, girls who like car toys and action games.

Yorumlar